Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyAnonaMouse - an alternative?
When RadioArchive.cc expired the alternative was MyAnonaMouse. A strong Radio section was then created there by Bob129 and others. Maybe its an idea to move over to that site again? CJB
I would but I am completely mobile now, no desktop or laptop. I hope radio archives comes back
(01-30-2019, 07:40 PM)CJB666 Wrote: When RadioArchive.cc expired the alternative was MyAnonaMouse. A strong Radio section was then created there by Bob129 and others. Maybe its an idea to move over to that site again? CJB

Thanks for the tip. I joined MyAnonaMouse yesterday and it looks very promising for Radio.
I am already at MyAnonaMouse having finally found it when RadioArchive.cc disappeared. It is an very good resource but there has been less radio uploaded there of late in comparison to here. Maybe that will change if Users/Uploaders migrate there.
I will keep trying RadioArchive.cx in hope it reappears.
Rareshare.me is like Myanonamouse, same rules but easier to join. They have current radio stuff as well as older ones. But it is a desktop/laptop sharing community.

No one has the link page sites on file anywhere? Surely this site can be recreated elsewhere. Myanonamouse is no use for those of us on mobile

I think what shot this site down was some commercial audiobooks were shared. When only home made recordings were being shared, it was ok with the powers that be. But the moment someone shared pirated goods, the jig was up.
(02-03-2019, 09:31 PM)tenonceb4 Wrote: Rareshare.me is like Myanonamouse, same rules but easier to join. They have current radio stuff as well as older ones. But it is a desktop/laptop sharing community.

No one has the link page sites on file anywhere? Surely this site can be recreated elsewhere.  Myanonamouse is no use for those of us on mobile

I think what shot this site down was some commercial audiobooks were shared. When only home made recordings were being shared, it was ok with the powers that be. But the moment someone shared pirated goods, the jig was up.

But the Mouse is full of rips of commercial audio books and ePub / Kindle files etc. Also too TheShow / ThePlace / TheGeeks / TheShow / TheVault - domain *.click

RA never really had any uploads of such commercial stuff.
Thanks for the alternative tips...No need to get downhearted just yet.Lets hope the absence is only temporary.

Another site well worth checking out is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaD5hzm...5qxDSxqJzA

Similar selection of radio material to rareshare ready to play or download.
(02-04-2019, 10:43 AM)CJB666 Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 09:31 PM)tenonceb4 Wrote: Rareshare.me is like Myanonamouse, same rules but easier to join. They have current radio stuff as well as older ones. But it is a desktop/laptop sharing community.

No one has the link page sites on file anywhere? Surely this site can be recreated elsewhere.  Myanonamouse is no use for those of us on mobile

But the Mouse is full of rips of commercial audio books and ePub / Kindle files etc. Also too TheShow / ThePlace / TheGeeks / TheShow / TheVault - domain *.click

RA never really had any uploads of such commercial stuff.
The last month or so a couple of commercial content was uploaded. I just don't remember what they were, but they seemed like popular and not obscure material
Yes indeed, copyright infringement would appear to be the most likely explanation for all this unwanted disruption.Just read about the experience of ArchB Stanton at the above link.His Youtube channel was taken down for this very reason...happily, he has gotten back up again so perhaps RA.cx can do likewise.
When TheBox.bz closed about 5 years ago a lot of members migrated to TV Chaos UK. https://www.tvchaosuk.com

They have a reasonable radio section, I don't know if mobile access is possible.

They are open for new members but have ratio rules.

I'd wait a bit longer for RA to come back up, It's possible that Cheops who isn't a regular visitor doesn't yet know that the site is down.