Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the site down?
I agree that RS is a smaller site, but there is some more obscure stuff on there and I've never had much of a problem seeding back. It is more TV stuff than radio though.

Again more of a TV site, but has anyone considered TVCUK? I think most stuff from RA should be ok on there as it's mostly BBC free-to-air stuff. Also, myanonymouse might fit the bill.

SR
Sad Ah well RS has gone the way of all flesh.  It looks like the mouse is all that is left.  Feeling quite depressed at the moment. Does anybody know anywhere else that does Radio?
(05-17-2019, 01:53 PM)Shadowrunner Wrote: I agree that RS is a smaller site, but there is some more obscure stuff on there and I've never had much of a problem seeding back. It is more TV stuff than radio though.

Again more of a TV site, but has anyone considered TVCUK? I think most stuff from RA should be ok on there as it's mostly BBC free-to-air stuff. Also, myanonymouse might fit the bill.

SR

I have used TVCUK successfully for a number of years, there are a few very dedicated uploaders and for those unable to use Get_iplayer they have had a superb chap uploading 'Drama collections' of the months plays, they deal more in the current or 'recent current' rather than the more obscure and esoteric.

Approaching them with a similar proposal to the RS one may be worthwhile, the mods answer very promptly and the folks are very helpful.

I assume everyone knows and uses Archive.org? It has many historical beeb drama's and SNT on there, 

https://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightTheatre

Somewhere like that might be an option I suppose. I also note that Youtube has a couple of active radio fans uploading some stuff and if like me you are particularly grateful, it is worth being cautious when publicising in more active forums, one enthusiast, (still contributing thankfully) has had a profile removed due to complaints from the beeb.

I really don't see the purpose in stopping this, it generates interest and personally I would imagine it's more likely to encourage purchases of their material.

Probably a bit naive of me BUT most fans I know are of a generation who would contribute and didn't grow up in an era where they expect everything to be free.
Rareshare.me has gone for good.
Another one bites the dust.
Any alternatives, except myanonamouse?
Torrentday.com has podcast, educational, and other similar categories along with the regular offerings. It's already really well established and handling really large amounts of traffic. If the admins were approached, they might be willing to open a radio/broadcast category too. Just a thought, it's a terrific site.