Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Req: The Hornblower Story (2 series?)
Req: The Hornblower Story (2 series?)
This is a great, almost unknown series.
This rare series has been in circulation in the past. Can anyone point to a source, or upload? Thanks!
Is this the 4 part 1968 in 20 episodes version you are looking for?
(12-30-2018, 05:00 AM)mstevens90 Wrote: Is this the 4 part 1968 in 20 episodes version you are looking for?

Yes, I believe that is exactly the one!
I believe another similar series was also made in the 1970s, that was also 20 episodes. Both are said to be very high quality.
Check pm
(12-31-2018, 05:07 AM)mstevens90 Wrote: Check pm

Thank you!!
-Horatio
I have the twenty episodes of The Hornblower Story from 1979-1980 which I downloaded from The Box in 2012.

The text file produced by the uploader includes the following clarification :

"This series of 20 episodes was produced twice, once in 1968-69, with John Westbrook as Lord Hornblower, and this one, with Nigel
Anthony in the title role, produced in 1979-1980, using the same scripts, music, and director, with a different cast entirely. However,
one vast improvement was in the sound quality and sound effects (the original series was in mono).  This series used location recordings
made aboard the Ketch I.P. Thorsoe with the assistance of Mariners International, and had technical assistance by members of the Royal
Navy Museum, Portsmouth."

I will upload this soon unless anyone does it first.

Cheers,

OldSteveW
(01-01-2019, 10:13 PM)OldSteveW Wrote: I have the twenty episodes of The Hornblower Story from 1979-1980 which I downloaded from The Box in 2012.

The text file produced by the uploader includes the following clarification :

"This series of 20 episodes was produced twice, once in 1968-69, with John Westbrook as Lord Hornblower, and this one, with Nigel
Anthony in the title role, produced in 1979-1980, using the same scripts, music, and director, with a different cast entirely. However,
one vast improvement was in the sound quality and sound effects (the original series was in mono).  This series used location recordings
made aboard the Ketch I.P. Thorsoe with the assistance of Mariners International, and had technical assistance by members of the Royal
Navy Museum, Portsmouth."

I will upload this soon unless anyone does it first.

Cheers,

OldSteveW

This is a dream come true for me.
--otrbbc1960