Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credits
Usually when recording I include the credits - cast, producer etc. Do most people leave those off before uploading files? I just checked one or two I downloaded and see / hear no credits.
What is the right thing to do?
(02-06-2018, 12:49 AM)radionaut Wrote: Usually when recording I include the credits - cast, producer etc. Do most people leave those off before uploading files? I just checked one or two I downloaded and see / hear no credits.

In answer to your questions:
1)   It is always preferable for the uploader to include a text file (.doc or .txt) containing the show description and credits which the reader will benefit from.  Regrettably not all uploaders do so leaving the task to the downloader.

Note:
You cannot add a text file or, alter an existing text file to a seeding torrent as it will stop seeding.  Which is why a few of my recent uploads, where I was not the original uploader but continue to seed at another site, contained no text file.

2)   Likewise, it is also preferable to include the verbal introduction to and credits for a recorded program as not only does it contain potentially useful information (source and cast) but clearly indicates that the show is not a retail rip.

3)   Suggested sources for program information, description and credits:

a.      The site of the download.
b.     Genome http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/
c.      Diversity Website http://www.suttonelms.org.uk/
(02-06-2018, 02:25 AM)Bob129 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 12:49 AM)radionaut Wrote: Usually when recording I include the credits - cast, producer etc. Do most people leave those off before uploading files? I just checked one or two I downloaded and see / hear no credits.

1)   It is always preferable for the uploader to include a text file (.doc or .txt) containing the show description and credits which the reader will benefit from.  Regrettably not all uploaders do so leaving the task to the downloader.

Note:
You cannot add a text file or, alter an existing text file to a seeding torrent as it will stop seeding.  Which is why a few of my recent uploads, where I was not the original uploader but continue to seed at another site, contained no text file.

2)   Likewise, it is also preferable to include the verbal introduction to and credits for a recorded program as not only does it contain potentially useful information (source and cast) but clearly indicates that the show is not a retail rip.

(02-07-2018, 12:15 AM)radionaut Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 02:25 AM)Bob129 Wrote:

Note:

yes, but I'm not talking about info files, I'm talking about the sound file

Also some people seem to upload two or three info files, plus images etc. Yesterday I found something where I had 2 sound files and 5 other files - isn't that a bit OTT?

I just wanted to know if I'm correct when recording to include the cast list, producers, authors etc. Maybe not everyone wants to read that info (or maybe they even can't)
Yes correct to include the cast list, producers, authors etc.

Per my answer 2) which refers to SOUND recordings.
Likewise, it is also preferable to include the verbal introduction to and credits for a recorded program as not only does it contain potentially useful information (source and cast) but clearly indicates that the show is not a retail rip.

Unfortunately, a few years ago many audio recordings were topped and tailed by the uploader, presumable to save tape/disk space. A few uploaders still continue this practice.
since it's all snowy outside and I didn't go to work I thought I'd try uploading a couple of files. I think I followed Cheops' instructions (though sticking with Bittorrent) but don't see anything happening except on my comp where they register as seeding. Do I have to be logged in, because I wasn't yet when I started. .on my profile it says nothing uploaded (yet) - because I wasn't logged in or because those things take time?
Once I've got it, I'll have got it :-) It just means that I've moved all the things I listen to to a different file which is not useful for me, only for the torrent. I suppose I could have copied them.............. What do other people do? Is it feasible to link from the file where I keep all my audio stuff - much of which is not for uploading - but of course in separate folders.
Not sure if my last message is still there, but I cracked it and seem to have successfully uploaded 4 torrents. cheers!
Now 5!

Well done radionaut and thank you! Your uploads, as of all uploads, are appreciated.
(03-02-2018, 07:11 AM)Bob129 Wrote: Now 5!

Well done radionaut and thank you! Your uploads, as of all uploads, are appreciated.

oh good, I was afraid they were going wrong, I got some strange messages from BitTorrent.
In this case I will try to do some more today. We can't leave this all to you! - Your dedication is certainly hugely appreciated.
I am usually working six days a week and into the evenings, so couldn't take the time to figure it all out, but yesterday I enjoyed taking a break. Must go to the shop for milk and fruit before today's snow comes down.... sky somewhat yellow.
cheers

Sorry to bother you more... some of those torrents are showing grey health instead of green. Have I messed up?
Thanks for info!