Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the site down?
(02-28-2019, 12:17 AM)incognito Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 07:29 PM)delphinium Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:05 AM)patandliz50@googlemail.com Wrote: I have just tried it, and still seems to be down

Same for me. =(

Hope Cheops is OK!

Anyone else have a large backup of the content?
Great to see it back:
https://web.archive.org/web/200812170551...rrents.php

....then.

Okay,Thanks for this  confused Huh , do we need to re-register....

Pat
(02-28-2019, 09:31 AM)patandliz50@googlemail.com Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:05 AM)patandliz50@googlemail.com Wrote: I have just tried it, and still seems to be down

Same for me. =(

Hope Cheops is OK!

Great to see it back:

....then.

Pat
You could try re-registering, but you would have to travel back in time first...to 2008, to be precise.The link I put up will only lead you to an archived skeleton version of the original RA.CC site.Sorry for causing any confusion, but I just couldn't resist the old bit of nostalgia.

Hope to see the real thing back up again before too long.
(02-28-2019, 12:10 PM)incognito Wrote:

Same for me. =(

Hope Cheops is OK!

Great to see it back:

....then.

Pat
You could try re-registering, but you would have to travel back in time first...to 2008, to be precise.The link I put up will only lead you to an archived skeleton version of the original RA.CC site.Sorry for causing any confusion, but I just couldn't resist the old bit of nostalgia.

Thanks for clearing that up.  Being a bear of very little brain  I had not worked that out. 

Pat
(02-28-2019, 02:16 PM)patandliz50@googlemail.com Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 12:10 PM)incognito Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 07:29 PM)delphinium Wrote: Same for me. =(

Hope Cheops is OK!

Great to see it back:

....then.

Pat

Thanks for clearing that up.  Being a bear of very little brain  I had not worked that out. 

Pat

Yeah, I nearly fell for it myself.Like an old car parked up for years, it looked for a minute like it might just boot up somehow.
I have just 26 torrents, but I'll gladly seed them if a site can be created to host the RA content. We should be able to make up a large part of the old site.

But we must not have a single point of failure. We've lost out twice that way. There's another well known site (with a green being who shares a name with a satellite of Mars) where the same has happened.
I too will start seeding again as soon as someone can set up a new tracker - or whatever the crucial central bit of technology is. I've had some fantastic stuff from here and I want it to stay available.
(03-02-2019, 06:10 PM)AgentMrsHardy Wrote: I too will start seeding again as soon as someone can set up a new tracker - or whatever the crucial central bit of technology is. I've had some fantastic stuff from here and I want it to stay available.

Maybe you both should check out Rareshare.me.That site has a pretty good selection of radio material with the added bonus of TV and Film as well.Ok the seeding rules are strict enough,and it takes time to build up your credit profile, but it's easy to join even from an Android device and it would seem to be a ready made replacement for our dear departed RA.cx.
(03-02-2019, 10:36 PM)incognito Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:10 PM)AgentMrsHardy Wrote: I too will start seeding again as soon as someone can set up a new tracker - or whatever the crucial central bit of technology is. I've had some fantastic stuff from here and I want it to stay available.

Maybe you both should check out Rareshare.me.That site has a pretty good selection of radio material with the added bonus of TV and Film as well.Ok the seeding rules are strict enough,and it takes time to build up your credit profile, but it's easy to join even from an Android device and it would seem to be a ready made replacement for our dear departed RA.cx.

I think you may be right, Incognito. Rareshare is really a TV site with radio sort of tolerated but we could perhaps build up that side of things. It needs some of the heavy hitters like Bob to plunge in if we are to achieve a critical mass and make it the default site that RA used to be.
Given that there were over 4,000 torrents on the old site we might also need the approval of the moderators.

But I second AgentMrsHardy with what she said about the site. I'm a member myself and it already contains a good radio section, as well as the other categories. In fact one of my torrents got copied across to from there to RA, though with some of the files missing.
Does anyone have experience with the Bittorrent Distributed Hash Table (DHT) feature? This eliminates the tracker single point of failure.

For the torrent files and website maybe something like the InterPlanetary Filesystem?