Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way It Is
This was a topical late night show satirising both the weekly news and those who created and reported on it, running from around 1998-2001. Headed by the wonderful Simon Evans with support from Tracey-Ann Oberman, Dave Lamb, Chris Pavlow, Sanjeev Bhaskar and others. I've got a few of these shows which I could upload but they are not always correctly identified as to date of broadcast or series/episode id. Does anyone have any which perhaps could be merged into a decent torrent?

Don't bother reading Wikipedia about it - most of that short article was written by me.
Hi ThePrisoner. I recorded the final three series of TWII to tape. 17 years ago. Unbelievable. I digitized the last series but haven't yet bothered with the others. I have gathered some earlier shows from various places. Radioarchive may have been one of them. There are a variety of episodes on youtoob but it is difficult to identify the actual dates as you mention. In my opinion it is the most under rated radio 4 comedy of them all.
(09-08-2017, 03:44 PM)KidCurry Wrote: Hi ThePrisoner. I recorded the final three series of TWII to tape. 17 years ago. Unbelievable. I digitized the last series but haven't yet bothered with the others. I have gathered some earlier shows from various places. Radioarchive may have been one of them. There are a variety of episodes on youtoob but it is difficult to identify the actual dates as you mention. In my opinion it is the most under rated radio 4 comedy of them all.

I think you can guess what my reply is going to be. Please, please digitise them all and make them available. If you like, upload to a file sharing site, let me know the details, and I will gladly listen to the lot and try to create a single torrent to put up here.

These will never be repeated by the BBC because there are way too many topical references so private recordings are the only way anything can be saved for the nation.
You have a message.
With huge thanks to KidCurry I have managed to put up a torrent containing 31 out of the 52 shows. Apologies for the quality of some of them, all came from recordings made by other people and some were clearly taken by placing a microphone close to the radio then fiddling with the volume whilst the recording had begun. Anyway, I loved this show and still do and I hope those who download it do as well
(02-12-2018, 04:43 PM)theprisoner Wrote: With huge thanks to KidCurry I have managed to put up a torrent containing 31 out of the 52 shows. Apologies for the quality of some of them, all came from recordings made by other people and some were clearly taken by placing a microphone close to the radio then fiddling with the volume whilst the recording had begun. Anyway, I loved this show and still do and I hope those who download it do as well

Thank you T.P. I put up a comment on the torrent before I saw this message. I need to go back and I.D some file dates from the youtube files. I spent a long, long time hoping that TWII would make a comeback. Suddenly I realised that 15 years had gone by and that it would never return. I had the same thoughts with In One Ear. How time flies.